Creative Director, Leading Design & Development Agency, London, to £100k + benefits
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading design & development agencies.
Boasting an impressive client-base including some of the fastest growing UK brands, this agency is pushing the boundaries with its work on some of the most exciting and challenging digital briefs in the market. To support its ambitious growth plans, the business is now seeking a dynamic and ‘hands-on’ Creative Director who will take ownership of, and lead the creative output for its clients.
With an impressive current design portfolio and experience working with premium or luxury brands, you’ll have a passionate understanding of UX, and demonstrable experience leading complex projects from brief to completion.
Your uncompromising high standards, flawless aesthetic sense, and first-rate communication skills will enable you to effectively communicate and sell-in design concepts and ideas to clients, and the internal design team. You’ll also contribute to wider business development, including helping to create compelling pitches and presentations for potential new clients.
You’ll have strong leadership skills and the ability to coach, develop and mentor other members of the creative team, along with excellent interpersonal skills that will enable you to collaborate closely with the agency’s highly talented technical team, thereby ensuring the delivery of an exceptional finished product.
Above all, you’ll have the ability to quickly understand a client’s business, goals and customers along with the problems and challenges they need to solve, and to deliver simple, intuitive and effective solutions.
This is a broad and exciting opportunity for a senior digital or UX designer looking to take the next step. A pivotal role within the agency’s leadership team, you will have a real opportunity to directly influence overall business direction, strategy and success over the coming years. For the successful candidate, this will be a career-defining move.
- A strong team player who understands a good team is greater than the sum of its parts
- You’ll possess a strong, current visual / UX portfolio that demonstrates your work
- Broad experience working on complex, large-scale e-Commerce websites
- Strong technical appreciation – you’ll regard a talented technical team as a valued asset
- Customer centric – excellent interpersonal, communication & influencing skills
- Highly collaborative – able to communicate effectively with external & internal teams
- Relentless focus on delivering the very best viable product possible
- Strong management, coaching & mentoring skills – able to guide creative team
- Committed to seeing projects through to conclusion & ability to do the ‘day-to-day’ work
- Highly analytical, driven by the detail & commercially astute
- You’ll lead the ‘selling-in’ of creative, vision & solutions to internal & external stakeholders
- Attending pitches, discovery & UX workshops & demonstrating creative & UX expertise
- Advising clients on additional creative / UX services, agency benefits & value proposition
- Ability to understand a client’s business, goals & customers along with the problems and challenges they need to solve, and to deliver simple, intuitive and effective solutions
- Develop deep, lasting relationships with clients focused on long-term UX & UI expertise
- Creating engaging, responsive designs across a wide range of client sectors
- Ensure UX best practices are followed throughout the process
- Ensure projects are completed to the highest standards, within timescales & budgets
- Provide direction & feedback for design team throughout project & drive high standards
What to Expect
- Work-life balance!
- A highly competitive basic salary
- Possibility of options in the future
- Work from our vibrant, central London office, as part of a market leading team
- Opportunity to participate in management incentive scheme
- The opportunity to directly impact the direction, strategy & future success of the business