Digital Sales Director, London, to £90k + uncapped OTE
If you’re passionate about sales and digital, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a global market leader in the digital events and content marketing space. Our client helps companies to engage with its far-reaching network of highly engaged senior decision makers, across a broad range of specialist market verticals.
Boasting an impressive client-base and an enviable reputation as a leader in their field, our client has ambitious growth plans and is looking to appoint a talented Digital Sales Director, to help consolidate its leading position across its existing product portfolio, and to drive new business revenue opportunities through the delivery of innovative and exciting new product offerings for its customers.
It goes without saying that you’ll possess demonstrable experience of defining digital sales strategy, with a strong focus on maximizing online channel sales and profitability, and you’ll have an excellent working understanding of digital marketing best practice and the impact it can have on a business. And with your broad sales experience and consultative approach, you’ll be keen to pass on your experience through training, mentoring and coaching to ensure members of the highly motivated and professional sales team have a strong sense of personal development.
You’ll be keen to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty working with your team. You’ll want to push the boundaries in order to deliver client success, and you won’t be afraid to try new things. Delivering great results is what drives you, but moreover, you’re passionate about delivering great results through your team. As a key member of the senior leadership team you’ll work hard to inspire others, and you’ll want to take them on the journey with you.
With the support of the Managing Director and the Head of Global Sales, this is a highly autonomous and ‘hands-on’ role, and you’ll be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day sales activities of a highly professional and hugely ambitious sales team. Collaborating closely with the marketing and editorial teams, you’ll ensure that collectively you are delivering solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Work with MD & Global Head of Sales to define & deliver digital sales plan for the business
- Lead by example to, motivate & inspire a highly professional and ambitious sales team
- Recruit & develop sales team, ensuring personal development plans are documented & executed to realize the full potential of all team members
- Provide sales support & training for the wider business & non-sales teams
- Develop deep relationships with key, senior-level client contacts
- Oversee communications & organize / attend regular meetings with direct clients
- Identifying new revenue opportunities in existing & emerging channels
- Conduct prospecting research & analysis to optimize sales calls
- Identify prospects, open & convert potential clients within target markets
- Coordinate & lead pitch processes for major new business prospects
- Take ownership of teams’ quarterly forecasts, sales & revenue targets
- Call warm leads generated by marketing and solicit new referrals
- Target existing accounts to identify up-sell & sales development opportunities
- Target dormant customers for win back opportunities
- Cold calling potential new prospects
- Contract negotiations inclusive of product selections, pricing & terms
- Work with other department heads to improve processes & working practices
- Ensure business & leadership are informed of pipeline development opportunities
- Report on required KPIs on a weekly and monthly basis
Ideal candidate profile:
- Proven track record of developing & closing new business
- Ideally 5-10 years + of experience in B2B / digital media sales
- Experience developing a high-performance team culture
- Highly competitive & results-driven
- Self-starter; self-driven
- Capable & comfortable challenging the status quo
- A strong negotiator, with powerful verbal & written communication skills
- Thrive in fast-paced & changing environment
- Passionate, positive & enthusiastic
- Outgoing, confident & engaging
What to expect
- Highly competitive base salary + generous OTE
- Excellent working environment – vibrant central London office
- 25 days holiday
- First-rate, global, personal development opportunities